Voyage response to the COVID19 Pandemic – PUBLIC STATEMENT
Voyage wishes to set out how it intends to whilst the COVID19 pandemic continues to force changes on our communities and lives.
Voyage remains open and will continue to field enquiries by email and respond to telephone and social media requests.
Feel free to call us on +447932539050 or email us email@example.com but do expect a much slower response.
At present we are providing online access to leadership opportunities by offering our peer leadership programme to over 40 young people who are Voyage graduates. We are also facilitating professional mentoring with over 75 young people and professionals and we continue to offer online support to our more at risk young people through Online workshops helping to prepare for their next step challenges and keep them safe.
COVID19 Risk assessment.
We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with the people who visit and work here in New City College Hackney We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance We are following national guidance by the National Youth Agency in consultation with Public Health England and the Health and Safety Executive We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain current social distancing requirements Where people cannot socially distance, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk
We will involve professionals from amazing industries to join us who will share their experiences and help motivate and inspire young people to stay positive as the pandemic loosens its grip on our community.
Note about how the COVID VIRUS IS AFFECTING VOYAGE
Programme status issues
- Voyage is open and we are contactable by phone, email and social media – but do expect a slower response due to operating social distancing by working from home.
- The bulk of communication, contact and social media has fallen to part time staff and volunteers are supported by a small but committed team of young leaders.
- Most engagement has moved online and is now facilitated by our Moodle Cloud which provides a safe space to engage, exchange and support our young leaders.
- Some direct face to face work with young people is taking place in groups larger than 6 – 8 at a time
- Our Youth Advisory board remains active and continues to liaise with partners, donors and maintain active links with the Police, IPOC and other statutory agents on youth voice issues.
- Our tutor team remains active supporting young people at our external referral schools and we are poised to roll out our transition programmes in response to the learning deficits impacted by young people working from home.
- Our team our consulting with our network of partners to explore contributions to new curriculums.
- New Policies and procedures have been adopted in the event lockdown ends and we can open our doors to young people in April/ May.
- Due to the massive financial issues caused by the pandemic we urgently need the following things from our donors:
- Equipment – laptops, tablets and PCs so young people struggling can use equipment to stay educationally active
- Quality time of Professionals – we wish to motivate and inspire our young people to stay focused at this time by inviting professionals to join us online to give insight to employment industries and their experiences accessing them.
- Volunteering/ work experience opportunities – our graduates 16+ have expressed a need to get out and be part of the support systems in the community and want to give their time to good causes.
If you can offer any of these opportunities please make contact with us ASAP.